Friday, April 07, 2006

I am not a child

To whom it may concern,

I am not a child.

I am a grown adult. I have paid my dues and earned the right to be treated just like any other adult. I have loved and have had my heart broken. I have experienced all the trials and tribulations of adulthood. I have busted my butt at work. I have survived the onslaught of mounting bills. I have struggled to stay afloat.

How dare you treat me as if I was some punk kid. As if I was inexperienced and incapable of handling any real responsibilities. How dare you talk down to me. Treat me as if I was insignificant. Treat me as if I was immature and naive.

I am no longer afraid to speak up. I am not ashamed to bring attention to myself. I have kept quiet for far too long. What good can come of keeping this all bottled up inside. No, I am not going to let you off the hook that easy. I am going to make you accountable for your actions. I have a complaint and I will shout it out for the world to hear. And if you want to laugh at me I will endure your laughs. Before you know it the laughing will eventually stop. And the listening will begin. So here I am and I'm ready to proclaim,

I am not a child.

- Anonymous
 

© 2005-2013 - National Organization Of Short Statured Adults, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Legal Notice