Tuesday, January 10, 2006

short story

One time in college I was assigned to complete a group project for class. The group consisted of several people, including a white male who was about 5 foot 10 and a rather confident ex-military guy who was about 5 foot 4 inches tall. The short ex-military guy was very assertive and confident. He was a natural leader and he quickly tried to gain control of the group and lead us. He succeeded and was able to lead us to the completion of the project.
He was hated by the other members of the group. I had no feelings towards him. I simply wanted to graduate with a good grade. One day, the 5 foot 10 inch white male I mentioned earlier, started to make fun of the guy to the other members of the group (after the short guy had left). He started making a squeaking mouse voice and he pretended to imitate the guy. "C'mon guys" he squeaked. "I know what to do. I'm a little twerp." He said. Everybody started laughing but me. I remember looking at the guy and he had this look of anger and disgust in his eyes. I really saw that it bothered him to be led by someone who he felt superior to. I never forgot that moment.
 

© 2005-2013 - National Organization Of Short Statured Adults, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Legal Notice